The UBC United Way Executive Committee is searching for a community minded UBC Staff member to join the Executive Committee for a three year term. The Executive Committee provides a vision and strategic direction for the annual workplace campaign to ensure that the UBC United Way Campaign is embedded in the University’s culture and fabric.
The three year term will run from May 2023 till May 2026:
- Year 1 – Vice-Chair, UBC United Way Executive Committee – shadow and support the chair
- Year 2 – Chair, UBC United Way Executive Committee
- Year 3 – Past Chair, UBC United Way Executive Committee – to provide transition support
The Vice-Chair role is expected to bring ideas, strong UBC and community connections and passion for supporting United Way and strategic development of the campaign.
- Executive Committee Meetings – monthly from January till June; bi-weekly from July till December
- Other Meetings – Executive Committee Members are expected to attend Campaign Champions Meetings (up to 3); Strategic Advisory Committee Meetings (up to 3).
- will also be required at some of the key meetings and events taking place around the campaign period
- review campaign communications and other documents
Expression of Interest:
The current UBC United Way Executive Committee is accepting expressions of interest for a community leader to join the team for a three year term. Expressions of interest should indicate your interest in this role and what you believe you can bring to the 2023 UBC United Way campaign
Applications will be accepted till: April 30, 2023.
Based on submissions received, the current executive committee will select a Vice-Chair that will be well positioned to support its goals. We will be considering the following criteria:
- formal/informal leadership role at the University with strong understanding of UBC context,
- balance of portfolios, skills, voices and perspectives with current Executive Committee,
- passionate about supporting United Way and strategic development of the Campaign,
- past involvement in the United Way Campaign as a volunteer or supporter is an asset.
2023 Application for UBC United Way Executive Committee Vice-Chair
Please complete the following expression of interest for the position by indicating your interest in this role and what you believe you can bring to the 2023 UBC United Way campaign. Our UBC United Way Campaign office or current Executive Committee will reach out to follow up. Please contact email@example.com if you have any additional questions.