Did you know that giving back and connecting socially are two great ways to support one’s mental health?
The UBC United Way Campaign is thrilled to support workplace events and initiatives that fundraise for United Way, give back a to our community, and support mental health.
For the fourth year UBC Wellbeing are making funds totalling $2000 available. Apply for the UBC United Way Champions Fund and you could receive up to $300 towards your event or initiative.
Now is the time to encourage social connection, promote positive mental health and support others in our communities through the United Way.
Have a great idea for a fundraiser or event? Use these funds to make it happen! Hire an instructor for a virtual or in-person yoga session. Purchase raffle prizes for your event. Host a musician, lunch and learn. Buy supplies in order to facilitate an community building event. Try a new virtual platform for a social event. The possibilities are endless.
These funds will be awarded to events and initiatives that demonstrate a commitment to raise awareness and fundraise for the United Way in addition to focussing on supporting one’s mental health or creating social connections. Special consideration in 2022 will be given to events that demonstrate building social connection.
Ready to get started? APPLY NOW
The following are guidelines for eligibility when applying for the 2022 UBC United Way Champions Fund.
- You must be a UBC employee. Students interested in applying for this fund are encouraged to leverage staff support.
- Events and initiatives must include a United Way fundraising component
- Events and initiatives must take place during the UBC United Way Campaign period (October till December).
- Applicants cannot profit financially from the event or initiative.
- Any unused funds must be returned at the end of the fund cycle.
- Applicants may only receive funding for one event or initiative.
- Funding may not be used for retroactive funding or equipment and furniture purchases. If equipment purchases are essential, please include a written explanation.
- You agree to report back on how the event went and the funds were used (hopefully with a picture and / or video as well)
A written evaluation report of the event or initiative must be provided to the Grant Selection Committee no later than two weeks after its conclusion, showing how funds were spent, the results achieved, and how it supported the mission of the UBC United Way campaign. Photos are welcomed. The report must include original receipts for all funds spent.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility, please email email@example.com.