Did you know that giving back and connecting with others helps you thrive, and is good for your happiness and wellbeing? At UBC United Way, we know that giving back comes in many forms, and many UBC faculty, staff, and students contribute immensely to the campaign each year through valuable events and initiatives.
We are thrilled to announce that UBC Wellbeing and Human Resources Workplace Wellbeing & Benefits are making $5,000 available to support workplace events and initiatives that advance the work of the United Way and help engage the UBC community in the UBC United Way campaign.
Apply for a UBC United Way Champions Fund and you could receive $300 towards an event or initiative that raises funds for the UBC United Way Campaign while advancing the mission of the United Way of the Lower Mainland.
Have a great idea for a fundraiser? Use these funds to make it happen! Hire an instructor for a drop-in yoga session, order catering for your office trivia challenge and serve up some tasty treats at a bake sale.
These funds will be awarded to events and initiatives that demonstrate a commitment to raise awareness of and funds for United Way programs that address critical social issues affecting vulnerable individuals in our Lower Mainland neighbourhoods and to engage the UBC community in the UBC United Way campaign.
Ready to get started? APPLY NOW
The following are guidelines for eligibility when applying for a UBC United Way Wellbeing Grant.
- You must be a UBC employee. Students interested in applying for this fund are encouraged to leverage staff support.
- Events and initiatives must include a United Way fundraising component.
- Events and initiatives must take place during active campaign months (October – December).
- Applicants cannot profit financially from the event or initiative.
- Any unused funds must be returned at the end of the fund cycle.
- Applicants may only receive funding for one event or initiative.
- Funding may not be used for retroactive funding or equipment and furniture purchases. If equipment purchases are essential, please include a written explanation.
- You agree to report back on how the event went and the funds were used (hopefully with a picture and / or video as well)
A written evaluation report of the event or initiative must be provided to the Grant Selection Committee no later than two weeks after its conclusion, showing how funds were spent, the results achieved, and how it supported the mission of the UBC United Way campaign. Photos are welcomed. The report must include original receipts for all funds spent.
Promotional materials for the event must be approved by Selection Committee prior to being released.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.